While seeking to help those in need during this time of natural disaster, we are continuing to follow the protective guidelines established by the CDC: social distancing of 6 feet, use a face covering and gloves when interacting with others, and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often.
We are organizing work crews to help specific families or locations. We will meet at the church to car pool so we can keep the number of vehicles at the work site to a minimum. Contact Mike Mason or Jake Bennett if you would like to serve or be assigned to a work crew.
Immediate Community Needs
We have several families in the Auburn Hills community that have specific urgent needs. If you can help provide these items, please contact Tony Horton. Items with the strikethrough have been received.
- Family A- A Mattress set and sheet comforter set for adults
- Family C- (1) mattress big enough for an adult couple and (2) small mattresses for 2 small children or (1) they can share, sheet and comforter sets for new mattresses.
- Family F - A bed, mattress, 2 chairs, a couch, end tables, lamps, kitchen items, size 8 men's shoes, size 9 women's shoes, Men's pants in a size 32 and shirts in a size M, Women's clothes in a size large, kitchen table and chairs for 2, bathroom set
- Family H - Stove, Refrigerator, Microwave, kitchen table and chairs, 2 beds, living room set, blender
- Family I - (1)bed/ mattress for a married couples, one mattress for a child, 3 sheet and comforter sets, 2 blankets, a stove, a vacuum, a refrigerator, chocolate flavored PediaSure
- Family J - Bath towels, hand towels, soap, toilet paper, bathmat set, nail clippers, table and chairs, end tables, sofa, cups and glasses, plate set, kettle, waste bin, pots and pans, knife set
- Family K - A window AC Unit. Their power is back, but they have been without AC in their trailer and have an infant child. This is all they've requested.
- Family L - Mens 7.5 boots, athletes foot spray, blender
If you are in need of a hot meal or if you would like to help provide a hot meal, please contact our Kitchen Director, Nicky Lewin.
We have storage space available if you need a place to store items while your home is being repaired. Contact our Facilities Director, Tony Horton, to make arrangements to use one of our storage spaces.
If you have items that need to be laundered, please contact the following people who have volunteered to help. If you do not have their phone numbers, please use the ShelbyNext app as the church office is still closed.
- Pete & Hannah Stokes
disaster Relief Fund
We have established a disaster relief fund to assist families who have lost homes, possessions, and/or have property damage from the recent storms. Please use the form below to make a donation. 100% of all donations will be used for immediate disaster relief.