The Lord Jesus is the Good Shepherd who lays down his life for the sheep (John 10.11-16). At Covenant, our elders seek to serve as under-shepherds, caring for God’s people. Shepherding is about relationships: knowing, caring, and praying for those to whom God has given us. As God brings us into a relationship with Himself, so also, our elder's desire is to build relationships with each member that reflects His faithful love.
To help shepherd the members of our church, the Session has placed every member under the oversight of an elder. Upon joining the church, each member is placed into a shepherding flock. Each flock has an elder who regularly pursues and prays for each of its members. At times these flocks may meet as large groups. If there is an immediate prayer request, struggle, or crisis in your life, please reach out and share it with your shepherding elder or one of our pastors.
A new aspect of our shepherding ministry is CPC’s small group ministry, Connect.
- Purpose: Connect groups function as an extension of shepherding ministry; encouraging growth into spiritual maturity and home fellowship.
- Focus: Connect groups focus on regular, weekly care for participants under the direct supervision of our elder-led Connect leadership. With Connect small groups, the primary shepherding care comes from these weekly meetings.
- Are Shepherding/Connect groups only for members of CPC?
- Shepherding groups: each church member is automatically assigned to a group. If you are a regular attendee and would like to be assigned a Shepherding group, please contact the church office.
- Connect groups: are for members and regular attenders and are open for anyone to join.
- Can I be in a Shepherding Group and Connect group?
- If you have been a member of a Shepherding Group and chose to join a Connect group, you are transferring your shepherding care affiliation to that Connect group.
- How often and when do Connect groups meet?
- Most Connect groups meet on a weekly basis although some meet every other week. Some groups meet at the church but the majority meet in homes.
- How long am I in a Connect group?
- The purpose of Connect groups is to foster relationships and build connections. To encourage this goal, we ask that group members commit to a year of meeting with their Connect group.
- How do I join a Connect group?
- Fill out the interest form below if you are interested in joining a Connect group.