MEN'S EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
Please visit our church calendar page to view upcoming church-wide events. Specific men's events will be listed here as they are scheduled.
The Men's Ministry invites all men to join us for a study of J.I. Packer’s Christian Classic, “Knowing God”. Iron Men Time will be from 6:45 to 8 pm and will open with a season of prayer followed by a large group discussion facilitated by Scott Barber and John Herberich and close with small group discussion. Please plan to join us as we look at this powerful book. Join us in Room 208.
Join us for this Men's Bible study as we look verse by verse at the book of Proverbs. This chapter study always corresponds to the date of the month. Our reading and discussion seek to uncover the foundation of wisdom, mark out the paths that make us wise, and point us to the ultimate source of all true wisdom and understanding, Jesus Christ. Meets in Room 105.
Recognizing the necessity of God’s grace in his life and the insufficiency of his own efforts, a man at CPC will strive to:
- Worship God in a pleasing manner
- Pray for the work of the church and its members
- Study God’s word actively
- Confront his sin intentionally and openly seek forgiveness and reconciliation
- Handle his finances in a Godly manner
- Be sexually pure in thought, talk, and deed
- Minister to and serve others, both inside and outside the body
- Make Christ the center of his household in his relationships with his family
- Fellowship frequently with other men in the church
- Hold other men accountable for these actions
- Pull in/evangelize to those outside the body of Christ