iDEAS in Asia
Jamie and Bethany met as camp counselors in Mississippi. They later married and now have a growing family. Bethany is the daughter of Jon & Alayne.
Having a heart for students, they work as full-time teachers in Asia, where they support a youth group and work in youth camps. Two specific experiences working with youth in camp-like settings as well as their experience teaching grew their hearts towards this specific demographic.
“As educators, we aim to be involved with youth through leadership building programs found in community centers and adventure camps to help them experience the joy in finding out who they are designed to be, apart from seeing their value only in success academically and financially.”
- Acclimation to the Asian culture
- Praise for the provision of financial and prayer support
- For health, safety, wisdom, spiritual vitality
- For gains in cultural, linguistic, and administrative challenges
- For the hearts of youth to be captured and transformed