OCC 2021 Update
In the village of Atogo in West Africa, Judicael and Picolin got permission from their parents to attend an OCC Shoebox outreach event at the church that was a five mile walk away. Though their parents were of a different religion, they allowed their children to also attend The Greatest Journey discipleship program (with 12 weeks of walking five miles each way to attend classes!). After seeing their children’s dedication AND the transformation in their lives by the Lord Jesus, their parents decided to donate land to build a church nearby. The new church is now completed. Judicael and Picolin worship nearby and bring others to hear more about Jesus. God continues to open amazing doors for entire villages through Operation Christmas Child. Isn’t God good to allow us here at CPC to join Him in His great work by packing shoebox gifts?
As of this past Sunday, November 7, we have seventy completed shoeboxes under the Christmas tree in the lobby and five boxes built online through Covenant’s special webpage! Praise God! However, we still have 240 empty boxes in the narthex and lobby. We will need 100 of those for CPC’s Packing Day (along with boxes we have in the OCC storage room). THAT LEAVES 140 BOXES that need to be picked up and packed for 140 precious kids in countries around the world. You still have time to pick up one box (or more!) to pack before Saturday, November 20. It only takes a short time to go to a dollar store, Walmart, or wherever and pick up some school supplies, soap, washcloth, toothbrush, little toys, and something special to put at the top of each box. Then write a short note, pray for this child, and add your $9 for shipping and evangelism supplies. Or you can build a box online for only $25 at our link https://sampur.se/3A5jJ6l. There are empty boxes waiting for YOU! And children waiting to hear that God loves them through your shoebox gifts!
Also, don’t forget that there is a World Famous Christmas Peppermint Chocolate Cake, made by Fiona Wade, for the person who packs the most boxes! There will be a sign-up form at the OCC table for you to put your name, number of boxes packed, and a phone number. The winner will be announced on Saturday, November 20 with the Cake Prize to be picked up in Schum Fellowship Hall on Sunday morning, November 21!
Please consider participating in one or more of these additional OCC ministry opportunities over the next few weeks:
- Pack and bring your boxes and/or additional supplies for packing day.
- Build boxes online. (see link above)
- Help on Packing Day, November 20, 9a.m.-12p.m. at church.
- Help during collection week where we receive boxes from community members and churches. We need MANY volunteers for this week!
- Join me in working at the Processing Center in Atlanta on either November 24 or December 7. We will leave Chattanooga around 9:30 a.m., work 1-6 p.m. at Processing Center, and return by 9 p.m. It is so much fun to work with hundreds of volunteers preparing thousands of boxes - all with one joyful spirit. I need to know ASAP because you must complete registration and release forms ahead of time. You will be so glad you did this!!!
- Most importantly, PRAY! Ask that God will prepare the hearts of these children and that they will come to know Him. Also, please pray for the churches and volunteers around the world who are participating.
I love working with you all in this ministry with Operation Christmas Child. It is a privilege and a joy. God bless you all, Judy.