Staged Return Commission Update
Dear church family,
“The LORD builds up Jerusalem, he gathers the outcasts of Israel.
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” - Psalm 147.2-3
In so many ways, we live in challenging and uncertain times. This past summer we have all been very excited and encouraged to move forward with a plan of steadily returning to a sense of church family normalcy. It has been a joy to see our church family gathering. It has also been a joy to experience what feels like a light at the end of this quarantine tunnel.
As we cannot know the times and seasons or the increase and decrease of the pandemic’s remaining impact (see Ecclesiastes 3; Job 38-39), our church’s Staged Return Commission of the deacons has become concerned about the increased number of COVID-19 cases in the area, particularly in our local schools. After two meetings and much deliberation, these men have decided to recommend delaying the start of our fall ministry plans.
These delays will specifically target three areas:
- Midweek: The official start for Midweek has been moved back to September 22. However, the following exceptions will continue as noted below:
- Choir rehearsal will continue to meet each week in the sanctuary.
- Our Youth Ministry will meet outside on the lawn beginning September 1.
- Our Kitchen Services Coordinator, Nicky Lewin, will continue to offer a meal for the entire church beginning September 1 that will be served outside. We hope that everyone will take advantage of this opportunity for fellowship and community.
- Our Ministry Teams are currently considering creative options for what we might do for the Children’s Ministry and other ministries that were scheduled to meet at the church during the Midweek time.
- Sunday School: Our fall Sunday school start date has been delayed to September 19.
- Large Events: All large events for the first three weeks of September are being delayed, including Pastor Mullinax’s ministry celebration scheduled for August 31. Please know that although we have not set a new date yet, we will celebrate Eric and Boo’s ministry among us!
During these delays, the Sunday morning worship service and nursery will remain unchanged.
As we consider these next steps, please remain steadfast in prayer for our church as we move forward … together. John, Eric, Dan, and I, along with the staff, continue to grow in our ability to care for the church through this unique and challenging season. Please pray for us and continue to hold fast to the Lord who builds up His people. Consider that “it is the LORD who gathers, heals, and binds up our wounds (Psalm 147.2-3).” Our hope is in Him, knowing that His mission remains steadfast.
May the Lord continue to sustain us, together.