As part of our staged return we currently have two Sunday Worship Service offerings, 8:30 and 11:00 a.m., to accommodate as many of our members as physically possible while abiding by the CDC social distancing recommendations. The 8:30 a.m. service is also live streamed for anyone who is unable to physically attend the worship services.
January 8, 2021 - Staged Return Update
Our governor has issued an Executive Order in effect through January 19. We have evaluated CPC ministry with this in mind and offer the following as a means of leading our church family in a sensitive and proactive way, while also honoring our governor:
- We have encouraged our staff to work remotely and we will not be taking personal appointments in the office or hosting staff/volunteer/officer meals or meetings through at least January 24.
- We urge you to maintain and help others maintain six feet of separation between households as you enter, find a seat, and exit the Sanctuary. To facilitate this, we urge you not to use the time between the services for social gathering indoors. Coffee service has been temporarily discontinued and will not be offered through at least January 24.
- The start of CPC Sunday school has been delayed until at least February 21. All Midweek activities, including the midweek meals, will also be delayed until at least the week of February 21.
- Please be prepared to wear a mask if you intend to stand and read corporately or sing during the worship service.
- Maintain social distancing: no handshakes or hugs - please greet one another from a distance. (Please abide by the social distancing marked spacing in the Sanctuary.)
- Anyone sick or with any symptoms, however mild, should remain at home.
- Families attending a service will be asked to arrive at least ten minutes before the service and to enter through the external Narthex and Welcome Center doors.
- Bulletins are available at distribution kiosks and will not be handled by the Greeters.
- Building access will be limited to the Sanctuary, Cry Room, Narthex, and Welcome Center/bathrooms. (Bathrooms will be equipped with foot door openers.)
- Sanitization stations will be located in the Narthex, Welcome Center, and outside of the bathrooms.
- Water bottles will be available in the Welcome Center.
- Doors to the Sanctuary will remain open during the service. External doors will remain open until the beginning of the service, weather permitting.
- UV lights have been installed in the Sanctuary HVAC system to allow for additional sanitization of the circulated air.
- The Sanctuary is fogged with the latest disinfectant before and in between services to sanitize pews and other surfaces.
- Television monitors in the Welcome Center will allow for a limited overflow of visitors to watch the live stream in the Welcome Center or outside.
- Nursery will remain suspended.
- Offering plates will not be passed during the service. You may give your tithe online or place it in the locked box at the entrance to the Sanctuary.
- The 8:30 a.m. service will continue to be live streamed for worship at home.